FPGA : HSWAP

Hi

I have a board with Spartan-3-e mounted on it.

I am using HSWAP pin as an User I/O.

I forgot to put an external pull-down resitor on HSAWP pin, will it have any problem in configuring the FPGA ?

please help me.

rgs bijoy

Reply to
bijoy

problem in configuring the FPGA ?

The latest Spartan-3E data sheet provides a bit more detail on HSWAP. See pages 68-69.

HSWAP has a dedicated pull-up resistor to VCCO_0 during configuration. If HSWAP floats, then all the other pins not actively used during configuration will be high impedance (i.e., floating), which may or may not be what you want.

Some of the other FPGA pins have dedicate pull-up resistors to their associated power rail that are active during configuration, including PROG_B, DONE, HSWAP, INIT_B, and the JTAG pins (TDI, TMS, TCK, TDO).

--------------------------------- Steven K. Knapp Applications Manager, Xilinx Inc. General Products Division Spartan-3/-3E FPGAs

--------------------------------- The Spartan(tm)-3 Generation: The World's Lowest-Cost FPGAs.

Reply to
Steve Knapp (Xilinx Spartan-3 Generation FPGAs)