FPGA + HDMI 1080P

I'm looking for a FPGA board that can support HDMI/DVI 1080P in/out.

I'd like to avoid building my own, I'm probably looking at a volume of 100 units.

Any thoughts/suggestions?

Thanks!

John P

Reply to
johnp

Am Freitag, 20. Juli 2012 04:08:50 UTC+2 schrieb johnp:

100 units.

Hi John, the Digilent ATLYS has HDMI IN and OUT on separate connectors. It uses a Xilinx Spartan6 Device, so I think it should be capable of handling the datarate needed for 1080p resolution. But take a look at the board documentation first if there may be other limiting factors.

Have a nice synthesis Eilert

Reply to
goouse99

100 units.

Eilert -

I think the Atlys/Spartan-6 cannot support a 1080P data rate. The PLL would need to run at about 1.4 GHz for the TMDS serial stream which exceeds the S6 spec.

John P

Reply to
johnp

in/out.

at a volume of 100 units.

need to run at about 1.4 GHz for the TMDS serial stream which exceeds the S6 spec.

Hi John, as it seems, there are only simple LVDS buffers installed on the board. Other boards had some nice HDMI front-end chips installed, which provided the RGB data lines in parallel to the FPGA (Similar chips are available from NS and TI). Maybe you find addon boards with these chips for some std. FPGA board.