FPGA/CPLD Basics

Hi all,

Is there any tutorial on web, where I can learn about working and architecture of FPGA and CPLD?

Google turned out to be useless. Someone out there maybe is having some helpful pointer.

Any suggestion regarding reference/text books is also appreciated.

TIA

Reply to
Jack// ani

I am Not sure at what level you are looking but the Xilinx site

has a few on-line tutorials. If you are near Texas I noticed a free CPLD intor class with developer kit at one of the local distributors.

Reply to
Nitro

If you are lookiung for an intro to FPGAs/CPLDs, try these:

The first tutorial will teach you how to use the free Webpack suite as well as ISE 6, and is very good. The second app note describes the diffrent software tools you use to create FPGA-based designs. -Vadim

Reply to
Vadim Vaynerman

GOOGLE is YOUR friend:

FPGA + CPLD + architecture

Reply to
ALuPin

Yeah, there in fact a handbook on there site

which I already have. Book is all about FPGA implementation, which is definitely not my purpose. I need to know how it actually works.

Reply to
Jack// ani