FPGA Boards

Link to a good selection of FPGA based boards

as well as IP Cores for FPGA and ASI

HiTech

Hi,

I am trying to implement the PCI Brige in a Spartan II board (XC2S200). The problem is when I try to program the board I got that error:

ERROR:iMPACT:583 - '1': The idcode read from the device does not match the idcode in the bsdl File.

I read from the manual that I need to associate the ISO PROM with a dummy.mcs file or a .bsd file to allow the JTAG programming software to pass data through the ISP PROM. I don't know how to that to resolved my problem. If someone know how to resolve the problem please help me.

Thank you Jorge

Reply to
Jorge

problem is when I try to program the board I got that error:

idcode in the bsdl File.

file or a .bsd file to allow the JTAG programming software to pass data through the ISP PROM. I don't know how to that to resolved my problem. If someone know how to resolve the problem please help me.

When I've seen this error it almost always was due to a connection problem and nothing to do with bsdl files. Make sure all of your JTAG connections are properly connected (TDI disconnected often causes this problem) and that the programming pod has the proper voltage. For the Xilinx parallel cable

4, you should have a green light on the pod.

Also sometimes you'll see this if one of the devices in a chain is not getting its core power (Vcc int). Try to do IDcode looping to test the connections.

Reply to
Gabor

I believe that you should get an updated BSDL file for the device that is failing the Scan Path Verify test. Depending on the BScan software you use, you might be able to change the expected IDCODE value of the device so that you can pass the test. Again, getting the latest bsdl file from the vendor is advisable.

Thanks, Ghuru

Jorge wrote:

problem is when I try to program the board I got that error:

idcode in the bsdl File.

file or a .bsd file to allow the JTAG programming software to pass data through the ISP PROM. I don't know how to that to resolved my problem. If someone know how to resolve the problem please help me.

Reply to
maddy