FPGA board with 4 channel 500Msps ADC?

Hi,

I'm looking for possibly cheap FPGA based board with 4 channel 500 Msps ADC (at least 8bit). The board should allow preprocessing of acquired data and transmission of results to the PC (via PCIe, Ethernet or USB - the amount of data after preprocessing will be significantly reduced).

I have found boards like:

(unfortunately price is not published).

One additional demand. The board should allow implementation of user's own IP core in the FPGA, so all details needed to communicate with ADC and with PC should be open.

--
TIA & Regards,
Wojtek

board-px1500-4.html

If you are just building one of something, and particularly if it's going to be a lab queen, then look at the evaluation boards from the FPGA vendors. Documentation will be complete, but basic -- you'll get a schematic and an example application, and the rest will be up to you.

Beyond that -- I'd be surprised if there's not more out there. Some sort of a general-purpose data acquisition card with an FPGA in it seems an obvious sort of thing to sell to people just like you.

--
Tim Wescott
 Click to see the full signature

Just got an ad-mail from Analog devices for their "Pmod I/O interface boards", suitable for "Signal integration to FPGA designs". May be of interest to you if you can't find a suitable single-board solution.

"No matter where you go, there you are..."
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Stef

In comp.arch.fpga, Stef wrote: [Pmod]

Sorry, should have checked out these boards before posting. Forget those Pmod boards, it's all slow stuff, nowhere near 500MSPS.

Wherever you go...There you are.
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Stef

Check Ettus research for USRP series.

Hi,

I'm looking for possibly cheap FPGA based board with 4 channel 500 Msps ADC (at least 8bit). The board should allow preprocessing of acquired data and transmission of results to the PC (via PCIe, Ethernet or USB - the amount of data after preprocessing will be significantly reduced).

I have found boards like:

(unfortunately price is not published).

One additional demand. The board should allow implementation of user's own IP core in the FPGA, so all details needed to communicate with ADC and with PC should be open.

--
TIA & Regards,
Wojtek
Reply to
scrts

Hi,

we have 4 channels boards with 250Msps at 14 bits and 1250Msps at 10 bits. They are not exactly cheap, though:

Regards,

Kolja

Am Dienstag, 16. April 2013 23:09:38 UTC+2 schrieb wzab:

Reply to
Kolja Sulimma