FPGA Board : Indirect SPI not working

I was able to make my own custom FPGA shield for an ARM Cortex M3 board (ar duino footprint ofcourse!). I used the PapilioOne as reference for basic bo ard design. There is no FT2232 on the board.

I have been able to program the SRAM of the XC3S250E without any problem wi th my Digilent Adept Tool (JTAG-SPI Full Speed Cable). But unfortunately fo r me, my Serial Flash SPI based isn't working. I am using a M25P40 device w hich is supposed to be Xilinx Impact Compatible. Any Solutions ?

I have been trying to generate a PROM file for the SPI using Impact and the n create a SVF file using my generated bit file (Indirect Programming) . Bu t nothing happens. Any clues on what might i be doing wrong ?

I am attaching the board sch and brd files. I have divided my FPGA shield i nto two boards Top and Bottom, the top has the Break-out-board of the XC3s2

50E and some peripherals. The bottom does all the power supply and provides frequency to the top board and ofcourse attaches to the arduino footprint at the bottom. All this because i made all these PCBs (except the break-out

-board) using the toner transfer method. I am attaching the sch and brd fil es of the top board and also a couple of images of the whole thing.

Thank you

Reply to
Shanjit Singh