FPGA availability & distribution options.

I read the thread on xilinx online shop issues.

So how are the other options? (Altera, Lattice, Actel)

- Priceing on small samples / evaluation boards ..?

- Software is smooth and/or pricey..?

- Have online shop, or _good_ distributors ..? (I live in Europe)

- Reliability (silicon & customer relations) ..?

- Any new fpga manufactor to enter this market soon ..?

Reply to
pbdelete

I buy small quantities of Actel parts for prototyping from the same folks who will eventually do the production programming. BTW, many of the production runs are only 50 per year.

-- Greg

Reply to
Gregory C. Read

The Altera parts a distributed by ebv, amongst others. The EBV support is absolutely great. The minimum invoice is 150 Fr. This may pose a problem when the parts are cheap, and for prototypes.

The free downloadable software from altera, quartus, is useable.

Rene

Rene Tschaggelar

Since I see that you are from my old Univeristy in Sweden I might also give you a hint to the local bible in Sweden ELFA they do have Max2,Cyclone, Cyclone2 and config memories from Altera in thier catalog. Not the cheepest way but they take small quantiy orders and you don't have to be a company to buy from them. Hope this helps Fredrik

Reply to
Fredrik