floating point MAC, duh!

[ranton] Considering the vast improvements in DSP-type IP and chip resources, I'm baffled as to why multiply-accumulate (MAC) is not included in the average set of floating point operator cores and FPUs. It just seems fundamental to me. Using heavily pipelined atomic multipliers and adders makes for an awefully slow MAC. [rantoff] Those wishing to impelement such a thing should look up Yong Dou's work on the internet. Here's one link: ce.et.tudelft.nl/publicationfiles/973_567_f43-dou.pdf
Reply to
Brannon