FIFO16 on virtex4 error?

I am currently using FIFO16 with xilinx Virtex-4. I found out in my design, the "almostempty" "almostfull" "empty" "full" flags are all stay high. That means some errors happen. The FIFO16s are configured as:

width 36 depth 512 almostempty offset 12'd128 almostfull offset 12'd256 first word fall through (FWFT) Mode "True" read_clk 162Mhz write_clk 200Mhz

Is there any issues here? It's been reseted before use, (reset assertion time is more than 3 clock cycles for both read and write clock).

Anyone have similar experience or something wrong I doing. The clock speed should be OK based on performance table.

Thanks, Chao

Reply to
Chao

Have you read this :

Sylvain

Reply to
Sylvain Munaut

I belive FIFO 16 in V4 has problems, I can't remember exactly what they are, but I do remember seeing some app notes with work-arounds. Check the Xilinx site FAQ and you should be able to find the info you're looking for.

Reply to
bruce_hw_guy

Yes, there are known problems. The work-around is described in Answer Record 22462. You can also go to the Xilinx website and search for Virtex-4 FIFO AR. Peter Alfke

Reply to
Peter Alfke

Thanks all of you. This really let me out. I used core generator to generate a new fifo16, it solved the problem.

Chao

Reply to
Chao