fiddling directly with LUT bits on Xilinx

Hi All Is there anyway to directly stash bits into Xilinx (Spartan in this case) LUTs ? I need to hand-build a very small part of my design. Any suggestions? Thanks. -jc

Reply to
John

You can do this in FPGA Editor. If you are working in Webpack I don't believe that tool is included. You can either tweek the design after p&r or alternative create a macro that you use over and over.

John Adair Enterpoint Ltd. - Home of Broaddown2. The Ultimate Spartan3 Development Board.

John Adair

"John" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...

its for virtex but should also work for others

antti

Reply to
Antti Lukats

Nice VHDL example. It's pretty simple to do the LUT instantiation in Verilog as well. The INIT parameter just needs the right value which can be provided through localparam values where I0=16'haaaa, I1=16'hcccc, I2=16'hf0f0, and I3=16'hff00. The instantiation is pretty straightforward; one example starts off:

LUT3 #( I0 & I1 | ~I0 & I2 ) MyLut3Name[3:0] ( .O(myOut), .I0( ...

Reply to
John_H