fgpa beginner

I'm a beginner with FPGA and I want to dive into the digital video
filtering, analysis and display. I can clearly imagine that it is a
big performance for a beginner and I wonder to start in the better
way. What is the easier way to start? Xilinx or ALtera? What guides?

Cheers

Re: fgpa beginner

Try one of the alt.religion newsgroups for these types of questions... ;)

Mark McDougall, Engineer
Virtual Logic Pty Ltd, <http://www.vl.com.au
Re: fgpa beginner

If you go for Xilinx you can read my FPGA for beginner's blog:
http://www.fpgafromscratch.com

Sven

Re: fgpa beginner
blog:http://www.fpgafromscratch.com

It's nice blog.
I just wonder how much of the material in this blog is applicable for
Spartan3E-1600E Microblaze Development Kit which I've got?

Re: fgpa beginner

Probably all of it that doesn't concern the PowerPC core in the
Virtex-4 FX he's using.

Site Timeline