FFT on Virtex II Pro (how to download .dat file?)

Hello,

I am using FFT v.3.2 core from Xilinx to implement FFT algorithm on FPGA. I would like to download .dat file as my input (which is digital representation of sinusoidal wave shown below) to test the real-time functionality

-12539

-32767

-12539

23170 30273

I'm not sure if the above data would show up in the correct format in the newsgroup, but each line represents a point on sine line (.dat file taken from sample files on Xilinx website - sine_9_375mhz.dat).

Now, I would like to download the project into FPGA and test (using .dat file) it. Is there a way to download .dat file into FPGA block memory?

The connectors I have:

1) Parallel IV cable 2) CF card

The software I have (all full educational versions):

1) Xilinx ISE 2) Chipscope Pro 3) FPGA Advantage

I do not currently have A/D converters on FPGA board. I received a suggestion that I can use counter to represent the sine wave; however, I would need to perform further operations on the data (which would be different than constant frequency sinusoidal wave), so using counters to create those signals would not be the optimal solution for me.

PS. Sorry if this will be double posted.

Thanks,

Vitaliy Ryerson University

Reply to
Vitaliy