FFT and etc on a cycloneII or III help/sugestions.

Hello,

I need some advise... I'm trying to find my way for having an FFT running on a FPGA (along with some other easy stuff)

Before switching to the option of writing the FFT VHDL myself,I was exploring what existing codes I could use.

The Altera FFT-Megacore is a possibility although may have trouble to pay for it since this is for an hobby application not for a commercial product.

On the OpenCore.org I could find a design "Generated by Confluence 0.6.3/Launchbird Design Systems, Inc." that fails on the Quartus II fitter, even so the expected resources to be used are extremely high (6 times the altera megacore for same size/performance), so I do believe the way the code was written/generated is not so good for synthesis and it would become not an interesting option either.

Could find also a couple of educational developments but not really what one could use without rewriting parts if interesting to do that at all. (for that I would be tempted to switch to the do it all myself option).

I'm a bit stuck... Please, comments are very welcome.

Luis C.

-- (edit my email addr if you want to email me directly)

Reply to
LC