Fatal error while compiling code

Hi

I am trying to compile a bit of VHDL code on Xilinx SW. The target is a Spartan2.

I get the following error message FATAL_ERROR:HDLParsers:vhptype.c:172:$Id: vhptype.c,v 1.6 2001/10/12

21:32:28 weilin Exp $:200 - INTERNAL ERROR... while parsing C:/project/sensor/vhdl/mult16/mult16.vhd line 716. Contact your hot line. Process will terminate. To resolve this error, please consult the Answers Database and other online resources at
If you need further assistance, please open a Webcase by clicking on the "WebCase" link at

I did not get this error when I compiled the code for4/8 bits.I get this error when I compile for a 16 bit application.

Now, the code is lengthy & am really not sure if I can paste the entire code .And I am pretty clueless as to which specific area of the code is causing the error.But the line number (716) which shows up on the error message is the last line of the source code.

I did look up the previous thread on the same topic and the help suggested there is not applicable in my case.(I am not using any aliases in the code)

I wonder if anyone could throw some light on the reason for this error.

Thank you Anukul

Reply to
Anukul