Exporting Modelsim Values?????

Hi all, I have a signal algorithm implementation design on FPGA. I simulated the design in Modelsim and now I want to export the output values and compare with those of the Matlab. Can somebody suggest me how to do that?

I read the input values of my testbench from the same input file which I use for Matlab input.

I tried using VIEW --> LIST and then dragging the signals I want to the LIST window but that doesnt seem to be solving the problem. It creates duplicate input values too whenever the "DELTA" value is high. I dont understand whats DELTA in the LIST window?

I would appreciate if somebody could comment on this???

Thanks in advance.

SD

Reply to
SD

Delta is how as event based simulator schedules evaluation of the logic. If one opens a list window, tools, window preferences, triggers in Modelsim, there are options for deltas and triggering the list window. I have not used these for several years, and you might have to play around with the settings and or read the manual. When I used Matlab several years back, the testbench used file IO to write out data that needed to be compared against the Matlab data. Unfortuanately, due to a NDA, I cannot share more with you.

Good luck

- Newman

Reply to
newman5382

Get the testbench to write an output file. It's easy both in VHDL and in Verilog. And you get to choose the output format yourself, so you could easily make it look like CSV or Matlab or whatever. And you get to choose when the data are sampled.

--
Jonathan Bromley, Consultant

DOULOS - Developing Design Know-how

Tel: +44 (0)1425 471223          mail:jonathan.bromley@doulos.com