explicitly define latch to avoid WARNING in xilinx webpack?

When I use xilinx webpack (the latest version, version 6?) to compile my VHDL code, I get this warning message: "WARNING xst737: found 1-bit latch for signal ABC" The code is like this,

process (HOST_WR, HOST_DATA) if HOST_WR = '0' then ABC

Reply to
vax, 9000

Stick xilinx latch coding style into Google. Click on the second hit. Syms.

Reply to
Symon

Syms suggests-

thanks for the link to a good reference and you didn't say - RTFM !

the short answer is- complete the if statement - add -

else ABC

Reply to
Mikeandmax