Excalibur - lpm_syncram

Hi all,

I am developing a design using excalibur device (ExcaliburArm family - EPXA10F1020C3). I read on apex manual that ESB supports clock enable, but when I tried to instantiate an ALT_SYNCRAM with input clock enable (using MegaWizard Plug_in Manager) the elaboration prosess gives me this error: "Assertion error: Can't implement single port RAM for EXCALIBUR_ARM device family from altsyncram megafunction because clock enable ports are not supported in altram megafunction"

What's wrong?

Thanks in advance!!!

Andrea

Reply to
Andrea

"Subroto Datta" ha scritto nel messaggio news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com...

Thank you!!!

Which is the difference between "memory compiler/RAM: 2-port and" and "storage/lpm_ram_dp+"?

Andrea

Reply to
Andrea

The MegaWizards in the "memory compiler" tree have a reorganized GUI compared to the MegaWizards in the "storage" tree. The underlying megafunctions and models are identical.

The "storage" tree was getting confusing because you had to know which megafunction to select, based on the device family.

The "memory compiler" tree, is organized by function, and removes the need for device family knowledge, when making a selection. Using selections from the "memory compiler tree" is the recommended way for new designs.

- Subroto Datta Altera Corp.

Reply to
Subroto Datta