Excalibur - lpm_syncram

Hi all,

I am developing a design using excalibur device (ExcaliburArm family -
EPXA10F1020C3).
I read on apex manual that ESB supports clock enable, but when I tried to
instantiate an ALT_SYNCRAM with input clock enable (using MegaWizard Plug_in
Manager) the elaboration prosess gives me this error:
"Assertion error: Can't implement single port RAM for EXCALIBUR_ARM device
family from altsyncram megafunction because clock enable ports are not
supported in altram megafunction"

What's wrong?

Thanks in advance!!!

Andrea

Re: Excalibur - lpm_syncram

Thank you!!!

Which is the difference between "memory compiler/RAM: 2-port and" and
"storage/lpm_ram_dp+"?

Andrea

Re: Excalibur - lpm_syncram

The MegaWizards in the "memory compiler" tree have a reorganized GUI
compared to the MegaWizards in the "storage" tree.  The underlying
megafunctions and models are identical.

The "storage" tree was getting confusing because you had to know which
megafunction to select, based on the device family.

The "memory compiler" tree, is organized by function, and removes the
need for device family knowledge, when making a selection. Using
selections from the "memory compiler tree" is the recommended way for
new designs.

- Subroto Datta
Altera Corp.

Site Timeline