Excalibur full strip simulation on solaris.

Can anybody help me to run full strip simualtion on my excalibur epxa4-1020(embeded arm 9 device) ? . i followed the instructions on altera manuals, but i still can't see correct disassembly log.

Note that Altera support is not responding on excalibur related issues.

Regards, Arie

Reply to
arie

"arie" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

Excalibur is DEAD. dont use it.

Antti

Reply to
Antti Lukats

I recently had a discussion with a manager at a large company that wanted to build a system based on an ARM. This manager was thinking about Excalibur until finding out it was not recommended for new designs, and that there wasn't a replacement.

He had one question I couldn't answer:

Why?

ARM seems to be very popular. An ARM in an ram-based FPGA with enough gates to make the interfaces required would have made a nice product. Not worth rewriting a bunch of software to fit it into a V4 with a PPC.

Why did Excalibur die?

-- Phil Hays Phil-hays at comcast.moc (remove moc and add net) should work for email

Reply to
Phil Hays