Example of network router and # of LUTs utilized - Searching for 3rd party compilation of "typical" specs

Does anyone know where I can find an objective, third-party example of a network router and it's related "typical" specifications (in particular, the # of LUTs used for each function)? Ideally I would like to find a high-performance, multi-function router and an objective view that summarizes the following attributes/specifications (and potentially more if possible):

---------------- TBD ROUTER -------------------- MODULE LUTS SPEED THROUGHPUT OTHER? xxx xxx

Many thanks! Jenn

Reply to
Jenn Lee

Howdy Jenn,

I would be very surprised if you could find something like this, for at least two big reasons:

  1. Each high performance product, in my experience, has a unique set of requirements - take for example your term "multi-function". What does that really mean? How many ports do you want it to have? What speed are they? How much blocking is allowed? How badly do you want to avoid discards? How much can it cost? Can you share ingress/egress buffers per port? Internal or external memory? The list is near endless.

  1. Companies who design and develop such devices have no motivation or desire to share their knowledge or ideas with their competitors.

Have fun,

Marc

Reply to
Marc Randolph