European supplier of Xilinx chips

There seems to be exactly one supplier of reasonably modern (Virtex II
or Spartan II) chips who's prepared to give pricing, and it's plis.ru
in Russia.  Farnham only have chips so old they don't appear on the
http://www.xilinx.com/products/tables/fpga.htm page.

Are plis.ru good people to deal with?  Or am I missing something
obvious?  arrow.com have transparent pricing for EP1C and EP1S chips
from Altera, but don't have any parts with number XC2*

Tom

Re: European supplier of Xilinx chips

for european supplier, try www.memec.com or www.avnet.com !
for online xilinx pricing try www.nuhorizons.com !

larry
www.amontec.com

Re: European supplier of Xilinx chips
Thomas,

This information may also help:
http://www.xilinx.com/company/sales/ww_disti.htm

Ryan Laity
Xilinx Applications

Re: European supplier of Xilinx chips

I'm probably being unreasonable in expecting electronics distributors
to have sites like Amazon, but the only distributor on that page with
a Web site is Memec, and Memec requires you to burrow three layers
deep for a part-number search, which then returns no results for
something obvious like XC2VP7.

avnet.com seems much better.  nuhorizons.com has a decent search
interface but seems rather like Monty Python's cheese shop -- almost
every query comes up with dozens of responses, all with no stock.

Tom

Re: European supplier of Xilinx chips
Digikey.co.uk ! Excellent service, online stock situation and pricing (I
never use devices in design that I cannot buy 'off the shelf' - I have been
bitten too many times ...)

Dave