European supplier of Xilinx chips

There seems to be exactly one supplier of reasonably modern (Virtex II or Spartan II) chips who's prepared to give pricing, and it's plis.ru in Russia. Farnham only have chips so old they don't appear on the

page.

Are plis.ru good people to deal with? Or am I missing something obvious? arrow.com have transparent pricing for EP1C and EP1S chips from Altera, but don't have any parts with number XC2*

Tom

Reply to
Thomas Womack

for european supplier, try

or
! for online xilinx pricing try
!

larry

Amontec Team, Laurent Gauch

Thomas,

This information may also help:

Ryan Laity Xil> Thomas Womack wrote:

Reply to
Ryan Laity

I'm probably being unreasonable in expecting electronics distributors to have sites like Amazon, but the only distributor on that page with a Web site is Memec, and Memec requires you to burrow three layers deep for a part-number search, which then returns no results for something obvious like XC2VP7.

avnet.com seems much better. nuhorizons.com has a decent search interface but seems rather like Monty Python's cheese shop -- almost every query comes up with dozens of responses, all with no stock.

Tom

Reply to
Thomas Womack

Digikey.co.uk ! Excellent service, online stock situation and pricing (I never use devices in design that I cannot buy 'off the shelf' - I have been bitten too many times ...)

Dave

Reply to
Dave Garnett