Error while running implementation through unix command line

Hello,

I am new to Xilinx and bash scripting. I am using Xilinx 13.4. I am trying to run implementation(ngdbuild, map, par etc) to create the bit file through a bash script, but I am getting an error. Following is the snippet of my error :-

Running synthesis...

bash -c "cd synthesis; ./synthesis.sh" xst -ifn system_xst.scr -intstyle silent Running XST synthesis ... PMSPEC -- Overriding Xilinx file with local file

XST completed error status of previous command:0 => Starting xst: Xst log file is: no_file.syr Using xst file - no_file.xst

ERROR:Xst:427 - Entry File no_file.xst not found

Can I get some help on this?

Thanks,

Gaurav.

gaurav3110

Yeah, it's looking for some reason for an XST script file called no_file.xst, and can't find it. The problem is probably in your system_xst.scr file (which I wouldn't swear up and down is allowed to have an extension other than .xst)

I use a Makefile scripted flow for all my Xilinx projects. On the most recent one I'm working on, my command line call is: xst -ifn top_level_gen.xst -ofn 28C940A-xst.log

And this is my top_level_gen.xst: set -xsthdpdir ./_xst set -tmpdir ./_xst/tmp run -resource_sharing NO -keep_hierarchy SOFT -glob_opt allclocknets -opt_level 2 -opt_mode speed -rtlview yes -bufg 0 -ifn 28C940A.prj -ofn 28C940A -top top_level -iobuf YES -uc synth/28A940.xcf -p xc3s1500-4-fg456 -generics {REV='A' CODE=28940 STAMP=1347396632}

Rob Gaddi

Hi Rob,

I am working on my assignment which is to use scripting to invoke all the xilinx tools such as synthesis,Translate,map,Par and bitgen.I am using makefile for my assignment.I have a problem running this command in the terminal.

xst -ifn filename.xst -ofn filename.syr

The error in the terminal reads like this:

make: execvp : xst :permission denied. Please help me on this as i am new to xilinx.Thanks,

Sathish

Reply to
sathishkumar5991

xilinx tools such as synthesis,Translate,map,Par and bitgen.I am using makefile for my assignment.I have a problem running this command in the terminal.

It sounds like you're having permission problems with the actual executable. When you say you're running that command in the terminal, are you actually running it straight from a command prompt, or are you running it through your makefile?

Also, are you on Windows or Linux?

You need to get things to where when you type just xst at the command prompt, you get into the XST program's extremely unuseful shell interface. If you can do that, you should be able to run it from a makefile as well; until you can there's no reason to be bothering with the scripts.

Rob Gaddi

xilinx tools such as synthesis,Translate,map,Par and bitgen.I am using makefile for my assignment.I have a problem running this command in the terminal.

Sorry for not giving the complete details.I am using linux. Here is what i did

I have created my makefile taking a project from one of the previous assignments.

1.I created a directory which has my makefile . 2.I copied my *.v and *.xst files from one of the assignments to that directory. 3.Opened the directory which has my makefile in the terminal and typed "make".

The error message displayed in my terminal when i run the above command is make:execvp:xst: permission denied make : **** [filename.ngc] error 127.Please let me know what i got to do

Reply to
sathishkumar5991

xilinx tools such as synthesis,Translate,map,Par and bitgen.I am using makefile for my assignment.I have a problem running this command in the terminal.

assignments.

directory.

"make".

As I said, the first thing you need to do is figure out if you have execute permissions on xst at all. Just type 'xst' at the command prompt and see what you get; I'm betting you can't run it at all.

I'm guessing you're at a university. If I'm right, and I'm right that you can't run xst, then what you need to do is contact your system administrator and find out why you can't. Most likely it's locked down to some group that you need to be made a member of.

Or when you type xst, you'll find that Linux can't find your executable at all; it's not on your PATH. In that case you need to get your PATH configured correctly, there's a file in the Xilinx install that'll be called something like settings32.csh that can help you.

Rob Gaddi

the xilinx tools such as synthesis,Translate,map,Par and bitgen.I am using makefile for my assignment.I have a problem running this command in the terminal.

did

assignments.

directory.

"make".

Yeah.When i just run xst in command prompt it says permission denied.And yes,i am doing my maters.I will ask about this with my system administrator.Is this the reason that i am not able to run the commands like ngdbuild,map,par,bitgen. It says command not found for all these commands

Reply to
sathishkumar5991