Error when downloading with EDK

Hi NG. I have downloaded the mbvanilla_ddr_v2_00_b.zip project at:

When I try to download it, gives the error below, what is wrong??? I am unsign the Insight/Memec V2MB1000 Virtex2 evaluation board, if it is problems with the scan-chain then where do I set this? When I download other examples (for example LED og other projects from Xillinx dedicated to this board) they download fine, so something is bugging me on this :-(

Best Regards Terry Andersen

INFO:iMPACT:1366 - Reading etc\xcr3064xl_vq44.bsd... // *** BATCH CMD : program -p 2 Validating chain... INFO:iMPACT:1209 - Testing for '0' at position 12.The Instruction capture of the device 2 does not match expected capture. INFO:iMPACT:1206 - Instruction Capture = '1111100000001110101' INFO:iMPACT:1207 - Expected Capture = '000XXX01XXXX0100001' ERROR:iMPACT:1210 - '2':Boundary-scan chain test failed at bit position '1'. A problem may exist in the hardware configuration. Check that the cable, scan chain, and power connections are intact, that the specified scan chain configuration matches the actual hardware, and that the power supply is adequate and delivering the correct voltage.

---------------------------------------------------------------------- Done.

Reply to
Terry Andersen

Terry, Depending on your board with/without the P160 Module attached, your JTAG chain may be different I suggest to run Impact first (with the GUI) to figure out what's the chain content (graphic mode) and then check it against the ./etc/download.cmd file (script file for Impact) After that modify the ./etc/download.cmd file to match the actual chain.

Aurash

Terry Andersen wrote:

-- __ / /\/\ Aurelian Lazarut \ \ / System Verification Engineer / / \ Xilinx Ireland \_\/\/

phone: 353 01 4032639 fax: 353 01 4640324

Reply to
Aurelian Lazarut

dont try to download with XPS (waste of time) download with impact manually, or if that doesnt work use Chipscope for downloading - for some of the boards we have Chipscope is only thing that works, dont understand why xilinx cant make their download software to work.

antti

Reply to
Antti Lukats

Antti,

XPS is us> dont try to download with XPS (waste of time)

-- __ / /\/\ Aurelian Lazarut \ \ / System Verification Engineer / / \ Xilinx Ireland \_\/\/

phone: 353 01 4032639 fax: 353 01 4640324

Reply to
Aurelian Lazarut

I use everyday 4 different xilinx boards and 3 different cables. there are problems all around.

I know XPS uses impact, but when XPS doesnt download impact still may. if impact doesnt download then ChipScope will.

as example download to ML300 using Xilinx cable IV has failure rate 80% with impact and work all OK with Chipscope.

I just have lost trust, so I am trying to use whatever works, changing cables and software until something works. and then use the know good combination of cable and software.

what makes me real sad is that there is no way todo boundary scan with xilinx Parallel cable IV - the last board I designed I needed todo boundary scan (to verify the board) and could not do it as Cable IV is the only one (from those I have) that works with that board.

antti

Reply to
Antti Lukats