ERROR:MapLib:482

Hi

I 'm a student working with XPS 7.1 and I get this error

ERROR:MapLib:482 - Blockram ramb16_s9_s9_0 is a memory mapped blockram generated for the Microprocessor. However it is not connected properly, causing it to be trimmed. Please connect up all memory mapped blockram properly and re-run Ngdbuild.

Does anyone know what this error means and what I can do about it, because I haven't found anything on the net about it.

Greets Mich

Reply to
Mich

Howdy Mich,

When the error message says "... it is not connected properly, causing it to be trimmed." do you have any reason to doubt that the error message is correct?

You'll need to go over each signal on the blockram and verify that it is either unneeded or is connected to logic that doesn't get optimized out. Enable pins correct? Output feeds to logic that eventually drives one or more output pins? Etc.

Good luck,

Marc

Reply to
Marc Randolph

Hi,

the strange thing is when I don't add my own module there is no problem when I add a module with the importe/create wizzard there is no problem but when I change the user_logic to what I wont I get this error.

Can you explain how this can happen?

Greets Mich

Reply to
Mich

Are you inferring a memory in your user logic? maybe that is the ram which is not being connected correctly, as your user logic may be considered to be memory mapped. This is just a wild guess!

Reply to
John McGrath

Hi again

can anyone tell me where and how I can connect the outputpins of BRAM in XPS7.1

Thanks Mich

Reply to
Mich

I have made my project with the wizzard and there I have added 2 BRAM-controllers with BRAM on the PLB bus thenI have used the importe/create wizzard to add an IP who is master/slave on the PLB bus

When I want to download this there is no problem with the connections of the BRAM but when I change the IP there are bath connections

Do you know how this is possible and how I can fix this?

Greets Mich

Reply to
Mich