EPROM programmer erase

(Sorry, this is a bit off topic, but I do use this to load bitfiles into FPGAs.)

I have a Xeltek Superpro/Z eprom programmer, with their winsp ver. 1.0 software, running on Win 2K/Pro. Today I had need to erase and reprogram an Atmel 17LV256 EEPROM, but the erase button on the programmer GUI is grayed out. I can't remember if I ever did this before. I used to use UV-erasable EPROMS, but this one is electrically erasable. Is there a setting or option that enables erasing?

(I know if I try to contact Xeltek, they will try to sell me a new programmer.)

Thanks in advance for any hints!

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

Did you try just loading the data ? Some ee devices simply over-write

Reply to
jg

Yes, I tried this, and it didn't work. After a number of people on other forums suggested the same, I tried it again, and it worked! So, I must have had a dirty contact on the chip that didn't connect to the programming socket.

Thanks!

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson