Enterpoint New Boards

We have some new, and some not so new, offerings this week. The first out is a new member of the Merrick family. Merrick3 has 26 FPGAs and if that's not enough we can stack these boards. Details on

.

For those of you that like the high I/O availability of our Raggedstone family we have gone and cut a new derivative of Raggedstone2 to offer more. Lamachan2 offers 266 I/O in our simple DIL Header format and allows you to do some really daft combinations of interfaces and functions in a true lego like approach. We will be showing an example this week supporting 256 ADC channels at 12bit 200 KHz sampling. Details

.

And finally we have pushed out our Broaddown3 concept into proper manufacture. it's been reworked a lot since we talked about the initial concept but we have retained the 5 Virtex-6 FPGAs as part of it. There will be a Webpack compatible version of this board for those of you who don't like to pay for tools. Details on

John Adair Enterpoint Ltd.

Reply to
John Adair

The FPGAs on this picture

look like a bad joke. IMO such an ugly photoshop work unnecessarily sheds grim light on an otherwise interesting product...

Marko

Reply to
Marko Zec

Actually it's not a photoshop but cardboard Virtex, and a couple of other cardboard semi chips, mounted on a real board and real passives. That particular board is only for the show stand and we don't take anything that costly with real chips that we let people can maul on stand. We do have a real one being played with back at base 5000-6000 miles away and that being careful brought up into full functionality.

For anyone coming to SC11 the Merrick3 and Lamachan2 will be real boards and running real FPGA designs in the display part of the stand. I don't think we did badly building on our line last week for the first time 3 new complex designs and bringing 2 of they fully working in less than 3 days to the US and especially given the extreme design cycle my team worked on under on the Merrick3 and Lamachan2 developments. 10 weeks ago Merrick3 and Lamachan2 were merely a concept I bounced around the team meeting when we decided to show at SC11.

John Adair Enterpo> John Adair wrote:

Reply to
John Adair

Be a good boss and make them see some rewards around Christmas :-)

nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)
Nico Coesel