Enable/Disable BSCAN_SPARTAN3

Hi, I am using JTAG and BSCAN_SPARTAN3 to scan register contents, but I need a way to disable and enable the BSCAN_SPARTAN3, there isn't an enable or disable pin that I see. Basically in my design, the data read out is always invalid until a point, so before that point, I want to turn BSCAN off. Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks, Ann

Reply to
Ann

Hi Ann,

there is no enable or disable available, you need other methods to 'sync' your data

data is valid when USER1 (or USER2) is high but the best way is to look at some known pattern after SHIFT goes high and USER1 is high too, after that pattern has been then you are in the active phase of actual data transfer

this is how its done in ChipScope as example

I will post the JTAG HUB source shortly at the above link there you can see on example how to use BSCAN

Reply to
Antti Lukats