edn macro in ISE

I like to use a Xilinx written macro (edn) in my design using ISE 6.3. I seems ISE does not accept edn file. I could not find any documentation on using edn netlist for ISE. It follows the macro is little old and older foundation had provision where edn elements could be instantiated. However, I like to do this for ISE. The edn is synthesized and optimized netlist. Where in ISE design flow I can have this netlist recognized and interfaced with existing hdl or netlist files?

Thanks,

Reply to
Yaseen Zaidi

If you put the edn files into your project directory (the one with the

*.npl file), then ISE will find them. They show up as "?" in the sources window, just the same as unisim primitives, but they will be found and included during translate.

If you want to put the edn files in a different location, then in the Translate properties dialog, add the path to the edn files in the "Macro Search Path" entry.

Reply to
Duane Clark