edk, chipscope_icon and chipscope_ila

Hi all,

I try to make a system with a chipscope in it.

I want to try it to know if this tools what we think they suppose to do.

So here what i have done:

1 - create a new system with a microblaze in it. 2- debug to none 3- memory blok 8K 4- i juste take the default peripheral in the rest of the wizzard 5-put the chiscope_icon 6- put the chipscope_ila 7- try to make the bitstream

and the result:

ERROR:NgdBuild:455 - logical net 'ilmb_LMB_BE' has multiple drivers. The

possible drivers causing this are:

pin G on block XST_GND with type GND,

pin O on block

chipscope_ila_0/chipscope_ila_0/i_chipscope_ila_0/chipscope_ila_0/i_no_d/u_il

a/u_dout with type LUT3

I don't know how to correct this error.

Do I have to change something else in the ilmb ?

regards

Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan Dumaresq

A while back, I tried adding chipscope to an existing PPC design, and it broke the design. I ended up using the ChipSope Inserter tool instead, and was happy with the results. As a first attempt, I would use the inserter method.

- Newman

Reply to
newman

thanks for the tip..

I found thin on the net and it work pretty well

In the meantime, you can use the following flow to instantiate the ILA core in an EDK design. To use this flow, you must have EDK 6.2 and ChipScope Pro

6.2i with the latest Service Packs for both. If you are NOT using the MDM Debugger (Xilinx Answer 19412) NOR any ChipScope Cores (such as IBA or VIO) in your EDK design, you can follow these steps:

  1. Create your EDK design using XPS.

  1. Go to "Tools" and "Generate Netlists".
  2. Exit XPS.
  3. On the command line, go to the /implementation.
  4. Enter the following command: ngcbuild -i system.ngc system_all.ngc This command links your top-level with all of the IPs instantiated in your EDK design to produce one large netlist.
  5. Run ChipScope Inserter 6.2i.
  6. Select the "system_all.ngc" file as your input netlist.
  7. Select the "system.ngc" file as your output netlist (this overwrites the "system.ngc" file created by XPS). Make sure that the folder is still /implementation.
  8. Use the online ChipScope Pro 6.2i User Manual to connect your clock/triggers/data:
  9. Save the project with File ->Save As. This command creates a CDC file that is required for ChipScope Pro Analyzer.
  10. Exit ChipScope Inserter.
  11. Run XPS.
  12. Go to "Tools" and "Generate Bitstream".
  13. Run the FPGA Editor and open the "system.ncd" file in /implementation.
  14. Go to "Tools" and "ILA" to make sure that the ILA is correctly implemented in your design. If a message occurs stating "There is no ILA core", check the component list for instances starting with U_icon_pro or U_ila_pro. If you have these instances, the ILA is correctly implemented.
  15. Finally, you can run ChipScope Pro Analyzer 6.2i (follow the ChipScope User Manual for this tool) to program the FPGA using the "system.bit" file in project_directory>/implementation, and start debugging your design. You can also import the CDC file saved previously in the ChipScope Inserter to recover the name of your signals

NOTE: One limitation is that every time you modify the MHS file in XPS, you must run NGCBuild on the command line (ngcbuild -i system.ngc system_all.ngc) , and run ChipScope Inserter, since XPS will overwrite the "system.ngc" file.

regards

Jonathan "newman" a écrit dans le message de news: euoTd.105556$ snipped-for-privacy@tornado.tampabay.rr.com...

Reply to
Jonathan Dumaresq