Edk BMM file problem in ISE

Hello, I have developped a System on chip with the EDk tool. I'm developping a V2P with ISE in with I have to use my SOC. I have linked the EDK project in my main ISE project and I can make changes to it. Under ISE I am able to launch top level simulations in modelsim, in order to validate some PPC test routines written in C. It works fine. Synthesis of the ISE project works too. But when I launch implementation in ISE, the ngdbuild step makes :

- readings of design

- checks timing specification And then it starts processing bmm file, in which I get errors : ERROR:NgdBuild:704 - The BRAM instance 'socinst/bram/bram/ramb16_s1_s1_0' could not be found in the netlist. Please verify the instance name in the BMM file and the netlist. I get 64 of them, as my Bram is made of 64 ramb16_s1_s1. I've turned the problem in every way an I can't get the solution. If someone has information to solve this problem. Thank you. Stephane.

Reply to
Stephane Julhes

Hi Stephane,

this error occurs because the tool is looking for the *.ngc (or *.ngo I can't remember) file and can't find it. Either you don't have it or it is in the wrong location.

I hope this help.

V> Hello,

Reply to
vve

I had this exact same error. My problem was that in the synthesis properties dialoge box under "keep hierarchy" it was set to no. This has to be set to yes or soft.

Matt

Reply to
Matthew E Rosenthal