EDK 9.2 install problem

Hi there,

We just received EDK 9.2 but there seems to be an error in the install. I tried to install it and got the error message "F:\idata\drop28.zip.xz error in zipfile". The installer continued after this message, with the percentage progress bar continuing to rise, but at some point afterwards the windows closes and leaves me with a half-installed EDK install.

I took a screenshot of the error message here:

Has anyone had a similar problem? Is it just a corrupt file on the install medium?

Phil

PS I would have opened a WebCase rather than reporting it here, but unfortunately it seems students aren't allowed WebCase access.

--
Philip Potter pgp  doc.ic.ac.uk
Reply to

I got to the bottom of this in the end. I took the DVD out of the drive and it had more scratches on it than was healthy. The ISE disk that came with EDK also had plenty of scracthes, and we'd never taken it out of the case! I wonder what could have caused them?

--
Philip Potter pgp  doc.ic.ac.uk
Reply to
Philip Potter

Philip Potter schrieb:

The same is true for the EDK9.1 disk that I received about two weeks ago, though mine is readable.

Regards, Andreas

Reply to
Andreas Hofmann