EDK 9.2 and virtex 2 devices

Hi all,

i'm currently trying to make an virtex2 project with edk 9.2i.
Unfortunately all virtex2 based boards are removed from the bsb dialog
(also boards with older spartan devices).
Also the migration of an existing edk 91.i virtex2 project doesn't work.
The reason for these should be the new plb_v4.6. But the old plb version
is still there, so it should work.

Any ideas to solve these problem ?

Thanks in advance !

Andreas

Re: EDK 9.2 and virtex 2 devices

I have the same problem. I have a Virtex2-XC2V6000 board that I wanna
use for sythesis. In the device properties of ISE 9.2 I just have the
option to chose between the following devices:

- XC2V40
- XC2V80
- XC2V250
- XC2V500

Is there a way to run synthesis for my board? I assume the other boards
wont be compatible with the one I am using?

Cheers,
Harald

Re: EDK 9.2 and virtex 2 devices
Dear Harald,

i have in the ISE9.2_03i(lin64) the xc2v6000 in the device option tab

my problem is the edk and not the ise

Regards,

Andreas

Re: EDK 9.2 and virtex 2 devices
Hi Andreas,

Thanks for your feedback, I cant understand why this is not working with
ISE? I have ISE 9.2.03i for Win32, really strange that I cant choose
the Virtex2 board xc2v6000?

Anyone an idea whats wrong?

Cheers!

Re: EDK 9.2 and virtex 2 devices

I was explicitly told by EDK 9.2 that it no longer supports Spartan-II,
Virtex, Virtex-E, Virtex-II, or Virtex-II Pro devices. ISE 9.2 may be
the same.

As a result I'm sticking with EDK 9.1 for the forseeable future, since
the board I've got is the Xilinx University Program Virtex-II Pro board.

Philip

Re: EDK 9.2 and virtex 2 devices

So the question is, if I am able to get a copy of ISE 9.1 ...
have to check the xilinx homepage...

Cheers!

Re: EDK 9.2 and virtex 2 devices
Dear Harald,

in the mean time i have made a test design for xc2v6000 on a windows
ise92.03i installation without any problems.

Perhaps you have not installed the full ise or the service packs ?

Regards,

Andreas

Re: EDK 9.2 and virtex 2 devices

Thanks for your effort Andreas, I just updated the tool yesterday so
this seems pretty strange. As I said, I have the same version as you,
really weird that I cant find the Virtex2-XC2V6000 board in my options?

Have to check this further!

Re: EDK 9.2 and virtex 2 devices
Dear Harald,

i think you are currently using the ise webpack edition. the webpack is
limited to the from you reported devices

see also the list http://www.xilinx.com/ise/products/webpack_config.htm

the ise 9.2.03i that i use is a full version, not a webpack edition

Regards,

Andreas

Re: EDK 9.2 and virtex 2 devices

Yepp, that exactly seems to be the problem :(

Not good news I have to admit.

Re: EDK 9.2 and virtex 2 devices

I have Release Version 9.2.03i, Application version J.39
Have you probabaly got a full version? I just have downloaded the
evaluation version, perhaps thats the reason?

Cheers,
Harald

Re: EDK 9.2 and virtex 2 devices

I have a full version. No V2, V2Pro, or S2 designs seemed to be available.

Re: EDK 9.2 and virtex 2 devices
Dear Philip,

on the web site xilinx claims that edk9.2i is also support virtex2 and
the other mentioned older xilinx devices. So the message in the bsb
dialog is not conform to the contens of the xilinx web.

Regards,

Andreas