EDK 9.2 and virtex 2 devices

Hi all,

i'm currently trying to make an virtex2 project with edk 9.2i. Unfortunately all virtex2 based boards are removed from the bsb dialog (also boards with older spartan devices). Also the migration of an existing edk 91.i virtex2 project doesn't work. The reason for these should be the new plb_v4.6. But the old plb version is still there, so it should work.

Any ideas to solve these problem ?

Thanks in advance !

Andreas

Reply to
Andreas Wassatsch

I have the same problem. I have a Virtex2-XC2V6000 board that I wanna use for sythesis. In the device properties of ISE 9.2 I just have the option to chose between the following devices:

- XC2V40

- XC2V80

- XC2V250

- XC2V500

Is there a way to run synthesis for my board? I assume the other boards wont be compatible with the one I am using?

Cheers, Harald

Reply to
Harald

Dear Harald,

i have in the ISE9.2_03i(lin64) the xc2v6000 in the device option tab

my problem is the edk and not the ise

Regards,

Andreas

Harald wrote:

Reply to
Andreas Wassatsch

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for your feedback, I cant understand why this is not working with ISE? I have ISE 9.2.03i for Win32, really strange that I cant choose the Virtex2 board xc2v6000?

Anyone an idea whats wrong?

Cheers!

Andreas Wassatsch wrote:

Reply to
Harald

I was explicitly told by EDK 9.2 that it no longer supports Spartan-II, Virtex, Virtex-E, Virtex-II, or Virtex-II Pro devices. ISE 9.2 may be the same.

As a result I'm sticking with EDK 9.1 for the forseeable future, since the board I've got is the Xilinx University Program Virtex-II Pro board.

Philip

Reply to
Philip Potter

So the question is, if I am able to get a copy of ISE 9.1 ... have to check the xilinx homepage...

Cheers!

Reply to
Harald

Dear Philip,

on the web site xilinx claims that edk9.2i is also support virtex2 and the other mentioned older xilinx devices. So the message in the bsb dialog is not conform to the contens of the xilinx web.

Regards,

Andreas

Philip Potter wrote:

Reply to
Andreas Wassatsch

Dear Harald,

in the mean time i have made a test design for xc2v6000 on a windows ise92.03i installation without any problems.

Perhaps you have not installed the full ise or the service packs ?

Regards,

Andreas

Harald wrote:

Reply to
Andreas Wassatsch

Thanks for your effort Andreas, I just updated the tool yesterday so this seems pretty strange. As I said, I have the same version as you, really weird that I cant find the Virtex2-XC2V6000 board in my options?

Have to check this further!

Reply to
Harald

I have Release Version 9.2.03i, Application version J.39 Have you probabaly got a full version? I just have downloaded the evaluation version, perhaps thats the reason?

Cheers, Harald

Reply to
Harald

I have a full version. No V2, V2Pro, or S2 designs seemed to be available.

Reply to
Philip Potter

Dear Harald,

i think you are currently using the ise webpack edition. the webpack is limited to the from you reported devices

see also the list

the ise 9.2.03i that i use is a full version, not a webpack edition

Regards,

Andreas

Harald wrote:

Reply to
Andreas Wassatsch

Yepp, that exactly seems to be the problem :(

Not good news I have to admit.

Reply to
Harald