EDK 7.1 XMD and platform USB cable

Hi

does anyone have had full success using the xilinx platform USB Cable and XMD in EKD 7.1? I was trying to check out the 'star wars' movie demo supplied by avnet with their uClinux Virtex4 reference design, but unfortunatly my new PC has no printer port so I am bound to use the latest and best ?? USB JTAG cable from Xilinx.

and unfortunatly XMD 7.1 doesnt seem to like the cable :( at first I assumed this being a problem related to Virtex 4, but now checking with Virtex2Pro, same problem... XMD just doesnt seem to handle usb cable.

is there some trick or fix? and yes I have all the latest service packs installed!

Antti

Antti Lukats

I had the same problems. Lately there was published a solution in Xilinx knowledge base. The solution: EDK, then SP1!!!! and then SP2

It works now for me.

Cheers

and

with