Easy USB2.0 hi-speed device solutions ?

I'm looking for an easy-to-use USB2.0 hi-speed device solution with the minimum of software work required to get a lot of data from a device into a PC. I've found

which looks to be exactly what I want, providing DLL calls to use at the PC end to get chunks of data, but it seems somewhat expensive ($150), especially with their connector break-out board ($79 for a PCB with 5 connectors on it!)

If that's the only thing around, I'll use it, but was wondering if anyone knows of anything similar that would be worth a look (lower priced would be nice..)

Also, does anyone have any feedback on this product & the company ( can't say I'm impressed so far after emailing an ordering enquiry 2 days ago with no reply yet...). This is initially for a 1-off project, but as I may well need USB2 for future production projects, it would be useful to get familiar with something that had a price more viable for production use.

Reply to
Mike Harrison

Hi, I am not sure if there will be any cheaper solutions but check

they might have some stuff you need. Also it might be an alternative way to build such system yourself with chips from Cypress or FTDI, as they provide with all necessary drivers and so on. Regards

--
Alex
Reply to

Sorry, I can not resist.

Have you checked the boards from CESYS GmbH ?

regards Manfred

"Mike Harrison" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Reply to
Manfred Kraus

You can definitely find a cheaper solution, but for a "1-off project", you won't find an easier one. I just finished a project using it and the time saved in software will more than pay for the module.

BTW, if you went into a higher volume project, you can buy only the firmware chip from them and put the components on your board at a fraction the cost.

-- Greg snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com.invalid (Remove the '.invalid' twice to send Email)

minimum of software work

want, providing DLL calls to

($150), especially with