DS18B20 connection on FPGA?

Hello all. I'm new to FPGA and I need a little help with connecting Dallas 1-wire temperture DS18B20 sensor.

I used that sensor many times with ARM and AVR MCU but never with FPGA. What I want to know is how to connect it? DS needs to have an external pull up resistor. So sometimes I need to release line so that line is pulled high. DS and FPGA can only drive line low, high must come from pull up.

So..how to do that? How to use IN/OUT pin that I can "realase"? To MCU I would simple say "pin input" and it would be released, but in VHDL I define in entity pin : inout STD_LOGIC;

Hmm..any ideas?

Thanks.

Reply to
Mad I.D.