downloading a non-volitle design (xilinx)

How do you download your design (in VHDL) to a Xilinx board and make it non-volitle, using the Xilinx ISE webpack software?

Here are the things I've been trying...not yet successful...

-generate PROM file

-start iMPACT

-choose Slave Serial Mode? (I'm confused here...which mode should I choose?)

If anyone could tell me the steps, I would really appreciate it. My xilinx board has a SPARTAN FPGA chip and flash memory.

Thanks!

Reply to
GL