DOS script file to synthesize a VHDL design

Does anyone know how can I get started on making a DOS script file to synthesize a VHDL design. I tried understanding something from:

But I still need more help. Can someone please tell me the sequence which I should follow.

Thanks

Reply to
Sue

This is how Mentor's HDL Designer does it (auto generated)

syn.bat:

"C:/Xilinx/bin/nt/xst.exe" -intstyle xflow -ifn cpu86.xst -ofn cpu86.syr

cpu86.syr: output log file

cpu86.xst: contains the project as shown below (note not all synthesis settings shown):

set -xsthdpdir ./xst run

-ifn cpu86.prj

-ofn cpu86

-top cpu86

-p xc3s500e-cp132-4

-uc cpu86.xcf

cpu86.prj: contains the file list

vhdl cpu86 proc_rtl.vhd vhdl cpu86 cpu86_struct.vhd

cpu86.xcf: contains the UCF settings:

NET "clk" TNM_NET = "clk"; TIMESPEC "TS_clk" = PERIOD "clk" 0.025 us;

Good luck,

Hans

HT-Lab

If you have synthesised under ISE, you can look at the command log file for examples; copy and paste these (modifying if necessary) to create your own script.

- Brian

Reply to
Brian Drummond

Hi,

You can use Tcl script.

ISE10.1 can generate it for you : "Tcl Script Generation: Project Navigator can generate a Tcl script that contains all the necessary Tcl commands to create, modify, and implement your project from a Tcl command prompt. To generate this script, select Project > Generate Tcl Script..."

See also

Regards

Reply to
Alain