Does Xilinx have the worst web site on the planet?

Is it me, or do the rest of you have major frustratinos using Xilinx's web site?

Just today they had a broken link TO THEIR OWN SITE!!!

Believe me, I have talked to Xilinx managers who have admitted as much.

Reply to
Tom Seim

site?

I find it adequate.

When looking for actual chips, I do get a wry smile as it looks like the web authors had a bet going, to see if they could aviod using the word Chip or Device, so we get : "Products and Services " > "Silicon products and solutions" > "CPLD Portfolio" - and finally "datasheets"!

Q: So what's the difference between a Silicon product and a Silicon solution ? :)

Their datasheet web page itself is well done: it shows the Date/Size and splits the data into more downloadable chunks.

-jg

Reply to
Jim Granville

A: Software tools that work ;-)

-rajeev-

Reply to
Rajeev

It works fine for me.

site?

Reply to
John_H

site?

Reply to
Symon

In fact, the website just helped me out big time. I use Data2mem. I used it today, and it kept crashing with no proper error message. A little search on the Xilinx website and I found out very quickly that Data2mem goes haywire if you have bitstream compression turned on. (I turned it on the other day during that bitstream compression thread.) Problem solved. So, website pretty good, Data2mem software s**te. cheers, Syms.

web

Reply to
Symon