Does Modelsim work under Windows Vista?

Xilinx's ISE 9.2 now supports Windows Vista (32-bit only.)

Do other tools like (Mentor Modelsim and Xilinx XPS/EDK) run under Windows Vista?

Reply to
Helpme

I bought a laptop with Microsoft Vista Home, installed Modelsim PE 6.3a , and ran without problem.

--
Regards,
John Retta

In your experience would you recommend running EDA Tools under Vista? Or would you recommend XP/Linux? Regards Prince

prince

Personally, my order of preference is Solaris, Linux, HP-UX, Windows.

You can't have it all. Solaris SPARC has poor price/performance these days. Solaris x86/64 isn't very well supported. Linux, well, google for 'OOM kiler' and decide for yourself if you prefer unconditional stability or a bit of speed. Does anyone use Windows for serious simulation? (I ask that as a developer that's worked on field-solver based parasitic extraction and mixed signal simulation).

A bientot Paul (Not speaking for Mentor Graphics)

Reply to
Paul Floyd