DMA using fpga pci card

I had posted earlier my issues with Fpga card.

The AMIRIX fpga card uses powerspan II pci bus switch fro Tundra. The powerpc inside teh fpga has linux running..I have some data in my PLB master/slave module which has to be transferred to the host pc. So I was suggested to llok into DMA transfer part. I went through the powerspan II manual . It doesnt provide the details of data cycle for the DMA . i.e it only says to write the DMA configuration registers with the source address , destination address... and then raisethe go signal. Now my problem is that the source address needs to be the on-board RAM address. I dont want to use the onboard RAM.I dont want to use the powerpc either. I wanted to write a module in vhdl to do the confguration adn the forward the data to the bridge. I dont know whether this is possible. I

I dont have experience in this field. How can I do a transfer of data from my master/slave module to the host computer? Is there a way ? Thanks, Nitesh

Reply to
Nitesh