[DLL Virtex/Spartan-II] Which is the right feedback in x1 and x2 Appl

Hi All,

I discovered that I use in my working application the x2 Clock Output
as the feedback - after the GBUF - for a DLL that deskews a 48Mhz
input clocks and provides to output clocks for internal usage.

Is this wrong, I am not shure anymore, however I read in XAPP132
and XAPP174 that you have to use x1 output signal - after the GBUF -
if you want to to make use of an internal x1 and x2 clock that
are in phase, controlled by one DLL...

A short note would help

markus

--
Mit freundlichen Grüssen
Markus Meng

Re: [DLL Virtex/Spartan-II] Which is the right feedback in x1 and x2 Appl
The DLL can handle either a 1x or 2x clk as it's feedback. It just can't use the
fx or phase offset ouputs as the feedback

Markus Meng wrote:
 > Hi All,
 >
 > I discovered that I use in my working application the x2 Clock Output
 > as the feedback - after the GBUF - for a DLL that deskews a 48Mhz
 > input clocks and provides to output clocks for internal usage.
 >
 > Is this wrong, I am not shure anymore, however I read in XAPP132
 > and XAPP174 that you have to use x1 output signal - after the GBUF -
 > if you want to to make use of an internal x1 and x2 clock that
 > are in phase, controlled by one DLL...
 >
 > A short note would help
 >
 > markus

Site Timeline