dividing the clcok by 2.5

Hello Guys, I have to divide an clock by 2.5. I cannot use the DCM of virtex 2 pro has my clock is 10 MHZ which is too less for the DCM to handle. I think this division can be done using state machine (posedge and negedge).....but i cannot figure out on what state should i derive the clock and how many state are required??

Can any one please provide suggestions

thanks and regards williams

Reply to
stud_lang_jap

Philip Freidin Fliptronics

Reply to
Philip Freidin

Philip Freidin wrote: :

From which the following reference is particularly relevant, as it includes a divide-by-2.5 circuit:

Richard.

To reply by email change 'news' to my forename.

Reply to
news

Untrue. Use the DCM to multiply by 4 using the CLKFX mode. The minimum CLKIN is 1MHz in this case, CLKFX output still has a minimum of 24MHz but that's OK as you've now got 40MHz. Divide that by 10. Cheers, Syms.

Reply to
Symon

"The multiply by 4 in the DCM, divide by 10 in the fabric" has the advantage that it is insensitive to the incoming 10 MHz duty cycle. And you can even get a perfect 50% output duty cycle if you do the divide-by-10 the right way around.

Peter Alfke, Xilinx Applications

Reply to
Peter Alfke