Digilent D2SB FPGA Boards

Greetings!

After taking an interesting course that partly involved using FPGAs I decided to buy a development board to continue tinkering around with them on my own.

I've singled out the Digilent "D2SB" product with the "DIO4" daughterboard, but I'm wondering if anyone here can share their experience with this particular board (is it reliable?) or this manufacturer in general (are they reputable?). Is there another board I should be looking at? I was attracted to the D2SB due to the price and the wide range of addons available. The board is available at

My apologies if this is off-topic. Please ignore this post if so.

-FM

Reply to
FLOOR MASTER

Why did you pick the D2SB over their Spartan 3 board? Same price but more IO stuff on the main board. I think it includes most of what you get on the DIO4 board.

Their boards are fine. Xilinx likes them enough to use them for the Spartan 3 starter kit.

Documentation is reasonable. (I found some pin swap screwups on connectors. I think that was on the AIO1 board. Otherwise I'd say great.)

One thing to beware of. Their IO connectors are very thin on ground pins. Don't be surprised by troubles at high speeds.

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Hal Murray