DigiLab2 Spartan 2 : Can't download..

Dear all: I get a Digilab2 which comes from Digilent. I read the user manual from web site

It mentation that "power supply must be connected before the parallel cable or the board may hang in a non-communicating state". But I always got iMAPCT complains that "Communication with the cable can¡¦t estabilish". I use parallel port to configure it. Have anyone used this FPGA board before ?

Reply to
ccchen

ccchen ( snipped-for-privacy@alumni.ee.ncu.edu.tw) wrote: : Dear all: I get a Digilab2 which comes from Digilent. I read : the user manual from web site

: It mentation that "power supply : must be connected before the parallel cable or the board may : hang in a non-communicating state". : But I always got iMAPCT complains that "Communication with the : cable can¡¦t estabilish". I use parallel port to : configure it. Have anyone used this FPGA board before ?

Have you checked 'sw1' on the board? This is the 'Program enable switch' next to the parallel port connector.

This must be set to the 'JTAG' position, which on my D2E board is the direction away from the edge of the board.

If that fails, it's the obvious questions first...

Is the power LED glowing? Are you definitly using a parallel cable (not some serial etc.) and the like

--
ta
cds

Hi: I can download my design with parallel port in my notebook. But I still can't download in the desktop hosts. At first, I thought it might be my desktop computer's problem. But when I move to another desktop one, this still occurs. Still don't know why. Anyway, thanks Christopher Saunter's timely help. Best Regards

Reply to
ccchen