Difficulty compiling on Quartus 2 version 5

I am currently doing a research project that involves simulating oggvorbis codec on quartus2 V5.

My source files were taken from a "oggonachip" porject. They develope their system on the LEON platform and simulated it using TSIM.

My problem is on porting the codec core (VHDL code) to Quartus it keep falling over during compilation. The error message states that it canno find the library files which of course I have already added to th project.

Can anyone give some insight into why these library files are invisible t Quartus?

Any help would be appreciated.

Bryan

Reply to
Bryan

This may be related to the way in which the VHDL files are ordered. Please refer to this post as it may be relevant.

Hope this helps, Subroto Datta Altera Corp.

Reply to
Subroto Datta

Thanks for that Subroto,

I have tried two things.

(1) I have removed all the library packages (LEON specific) from my codec core leaving what appears to be an ordinary piece of VHDL code, and just tried compiling that. It has stopped complainig about missing libraries but now I am getting errors like "object std_logic used but not declared". Is this not declared in "ieee.std_logic_1164.all" ? Do you have any idea why I am getting this error? It even had a problem with the entity declaration?

(2) I tried pasting all the library packages into the VHDL for the codec core. I searched through the hierarchy to make sure the packages were placed in the correct order. This yielded some success after I commented out as much of the LEON bits I recognized.

Do you know how to comment out large sections of VHDL code, other than by doing it line by line?

Bryan

Subroto Datta wrote:

altras

Did you try simulating it first?

Modelsim : Edit, Comment Selected Emacs: vhdl-comment-uncomment-region

-- Mike Treseler

Reply to
Mike Treseler