Delay or latency

Why system generator block accepts delay block with zero latency. I always thought latency is actually the delay if that's right delay block should have minimum of 1 latency. Is my understanding is wrong if not than can some buddy tell me what is the difference between latency and delay and why delay block can have zero latency

Thanks

Reply to
Fizzy

I'm getting dizzy.

Bob

Reply to
Bob

Generally latency and delay would be just different perspectives.

Regarding your question on why a latency of 0 is provided... - In case one has a need to change the latency value or remove the block (when 0 delay is needed between 2 signals), it is easier to just setting a parameter to 0, instead of deleting it and re-adding it if needed later on. Also since sysgen designs can be created using matlab APIs, it makes it easier and faster to just change a property and not having to delete a block and redraw a block. It is provided as a convenience to designers.

--hemang

Reply to
Hemang Parekh