Define the primary clock with XST in VHDL

Hello Guys,

How to specify with XST that an input of a VHDL entity is a clock ?

I guess it is not automatic because after the XST logic synthesis, noone of my "process" have been synthetized ?

thanks, Julien

Reply to
Julien Lochen

Use a simulator to verify correct functional operation of your top level design...after that you should find that XST synthesizes your design properly.

KJ

Reply to
KJ

XST or quartus synthesis will find the clock in vhdl code that matches a synchronous process template. There are many ways to do this. Here's one:

architecture synth of sync_template is begin sync_template : process(reset, clock) is -- begin -- process template if reset = '1' then init_regs; -- init code here elsif rising_edge(clock) then update_regs; -- update code here end if; update_ports; -- port assignments here end process sync_template; end architecture synth;

details here:

-- Mike Treseler

Reply to
Mike Treseler