Declaration of xilkernel_main()

Hi group,

I'm currently developing a Communicating Sequential Processes library for the Xilinx Micro Kernel (XMK). I recently went and used the compiler flags

-Wall and -Werror to let the compiler detect any potential problems. So far everything works out fine, except that now the compiler complains about an implicit declaration of the function: `xilkernel_main()'. I searched through the include files for the corresponding MicroBlaze core without finding any declaration for it. Does anybody out there know where this function is declared?

Another problem I have run into is to detect which version of XMK my code is currently being compiled with. Any idea how I could acquire this information during compile time?

Cheers Bernhard

--
William of Ockham, Albert Einstein, and Stephen Hawking walk into a bar.
Bartender: Oh, NO! Not another bloody parallel programming joke.

The declaration was missing pre EDK 8.2i releases. It was added in EDK 8.2i and is available in "xmk.h".

You can modify the Xilkernel TCL file (procedures generate, execs_generate or post_generate) and add in a string or a integer declaration which passes in the version info into a header file (say os_config.h). Refer to the Embedded Systems Tool Reference Manual to figure out how to modify MLD/TCL files using a custom copy of an EDK library.

Vasanth

Reply to
Vasanth Asokan

Hi Vasanth,

thank You for Your help.

OK, good to know so I don't bother with this warning any longer and will upgrade asap.

OK, I will try that out. However, that requires that anyone wanting to use my library to do the same, not how I would wish it to be. Xilinx should add such a version string by default, IMHO.

Cheers Bernhard