DDR SDRAM simulation model, ML300, Infineon

Hello all,

I m working on an application using DDR SDRAM and i want to simulate (timing simulation) the DDR SDRAM working along with the module i have created. the DDR SDRAM which is implemented on my board (ML300) is Infineon HYB25D256800AT-7. it is implemented as 4 discrete parts each

256Mbit as 8bits*32million = 32MB thus totalling 4*32MB= 128MB. if someone has the model/know a place where i can download VHDL/Verilog simulation model of the above part that will be very useful for my project.

Also i have a similar DDR SDRAM simulation model. this part is manufactured by Micron MT46V32M8TG-75 and similar 256Mb 8bits*32mil =

32 MB. is it advisable to use this simulation model in the place of the infineon? the DQ, DQS, DM, ADDR, col are all same for the two.

any help in this regard will be very useful.

with warm regards, Chakra.

Reply to
chakra

Also i will be using model sim for simulation.

regards, Chakra.

Reply to
chakra

The basic behaviour of DRAM is specified in a JEDEC-standard, so theoretically all the chips, regardless of manufacturer, should behave the same (as long as they have the same size, speed grade and so on).

So yes, you can use the Micron model for your simulations. Micron's models are the best anyway, very detailed, very verbose and available as Veerilog source. Samsung only offers precompiled models, I haven't used those so can't comment on how how they are.

HTH, Sean

--
My email address is only valid until the end of the month.
Try figuring out what the address is going to be after that...

You can get simulation models from

(a spin-off of Infineon).

Cheers, Jim

Jim Wu

Thanks all for ur valubel information.

regards, Chakra.

Reply to
chakra

I recommend the Micron model. It is very detailed, albeit not terribly fast. I should point out that some of the specs between the Infineon and the Micron parts are slightly different. This caused me a problem once. My memory controller was designed for a board that could use either part interchangeably and I used the smaller setup time in my design which caused it to fail for the other brand. -Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Neilson

Hello,

I am using the Micron model in my simulations. See my blog:

(part 20).

Sven

Reply to
svenand