DDR SDRAM interface for Virtex II Pro and Spartan3a

Hi

I'd like to share with you my experience concerning DDR SDRAM interface development for XUP V2P baord, it may save your time and money.

I spent long time working on it, trying to make the code gererated by the older MIG tools working. I found that there's more other people with similar problem, but finally didn't get answer. Since I got new board, Spartan3a Starter Kit, everything works fine.

Here's my advice - if your project requires more memory and you're not well experienced FPGA engineer, I strongly recommend Spartan3a (in fact DDR2 in this case) with ISE 9.2.

Rob

Reply to
robertwalczyk

Interesting. What speed did you achieve?

--
Programmeren in Almere?
E-mail naar nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)