DDR Controller

Hi, I am to build a fpga system that captures data from external signals and store it to DDR, also after the capture data must be transferred to the PC via PCI bus via DMA or so. So this is a CAPTURE-to-DDR DDR-to-PCI... How is this sytem implemented?

Reply to
yy

You've already stated the requirements (albeit in a vague way). Tighten up the definition and any decent designer would be able to come up with an implementation. If you are to build it, you'll learn nothing if you don't try to figure out the implementation [truly a core skill in design!] yourself.

Cheers

PeteS

Reply to
PeteS

Hi PeteS, I will elaborate so that my concept will be clear. First of all the idea is for the PCI to read/write data from multiple DDR (with DDR controller interface). With the PCI Master core connected to a DMA Engine and FIFO buffer that is connected to the 'DDR SDRAM Controller Interface' that is connected to the DDR Module itself, and if possible be connected to other DDR Controller Interface, can that be possible? such that when I access BAR1, for example i'm accessing DDR1 Interface, BAR2 for DDR2 Interface etc., along with this a Custom logic1 that use DDR1as its data must be able to access the same 'DDR Controller Interface1' , Custom Logic2 that use DDR2 as its data must be able to access the same DDR Controller Interface2, etc. In short is it possible to have seperate port for a DDR Controller Interface connected to a single DDR module to have dual access 'port', one for the PCI-DMA Engine and one for the Custom Logic(but not both at the same time)?

Regards, yy

Reply to
yy

yy a écrit : [...]

Hi There's really *nothing* fancy here. Imagine a system with a microprocessor (with integrated cache), DDR and a PCI bus...

Nicolas

Reply to
Nicolas Matringe

Ayon kay Nicolas Matringe:

Does it mean that you can interface both a DMA Engine along with another logic(say some other FIFO, etc.) that use the memory on a same DDR SDRAM Interface?... kinda think of that...

Reply to
yy